10.01.2009

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing (from Gretchen)

Add this to the “almost embarrassed to serve this since it’s so ridiculously easy” file. I was pretty skeptical of this recipe at first, but gave it a go anyway. It was a big hit at our house. I suppose you could use any kind of apple pie filling – I’ve used the lower-sugar, Splenda-sweetened filling once, but I feel weird about giving my kids artificial sweeteners. That’s just me.

You need:

1 pkg (6 oz.) chicken-flavored stuffing mix

1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling

6 boneless pork chops (1-1/2 lbs.), ¾” thick

Preheat oven to 375.

Prepare stuffing mix as directed on the package (I do this in the microwave).

Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Spread pie filling in the bottom of the pan. Place the pork chops on top of the apple layer. Top with prepared stuffing.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.

The original recipe offers a variation with chicken, but I think I much prefer the pork in this dish.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment